Thursday, May 5, 2011

May Day

Well I have hinted and even gone as far as saying this, but I have not made the official announcement yet. We are moving to Asheville, NC. There that part is done! Can we just leave already?

Well ok there is more to it than just speaking it into truth! First, due to the storms last week we had to postpone our house hunting trip by a week. We leave today after school to find a place and quite frankly for my first trip to Asheville. I had bags packed and all ready to head toward the east when we were blocked into our nieghborhood. Luckily everyone we had scheduled appointments with were very understanding of the dilemma and wished us well here before making the trip.
Our getting the house on the market in Cahaba Heights was also delayed by the storm (new story of my life, blame it on the storm)! We were supposed to have a realtor come look at the house the 27th as well but of course that could not happen. With the tree down in the backyard, the branches all over waiting to be picked up, and the tree that is cracking the ground out back just waiting for the next strong wind it is looking less and less promising that the house will be on the market before we head out. I know that I should not say this outloud but I really hope that the market in our neighborhood is still as vibrant as before. A large portion of the appeal of Cahaba Heights as a community are the mature trees and closeness to city. Unfortunately, the tree population took a serious down turn and the views are drastically different now that a week ago. Our house still has the features that made it appealing before for the most part, including the huge basement ready to be finished! Surely a realtor can market that right.

Tomorrow I will deliver on the funniest signs from the 1/2, I have been laughing about some of them for a while now on the drive. We are in Knoxville for the night, off the Asheville in the morning! Hopefully I will have a good update tomorrow night! Sleep tight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment