Sunday, July 22, 2012

Married life

"I have honestly loved planning wedding stuff so far, it is really fun to think about the things I love most in life."
I said that, in my previous post actually. It is nice to look back and know that I really enjoyed putting together all the things I really love. I know that our wedding was not a typical "bridal" affair, and that caused some friction with many people's expectations of what a bride should do, but our wedding represented our relationship. It celebrated our marriage, not the business of having a wedding. I am so thankful for all the people who joined us from far away distances, next door, and who joined us in spirit.

It was perfect. Yellow shoes and all!
Wedding day aside I had a great moment last week. A co-worker was giving me the typical questions a person asks a newlywed acquaintence. "So, how is married life?" It occurred to me it is FAB! It is really great, I love the security it provides in me telling terrible jokes, it means I can cook a frozen pizza with the cardboard still attached to the bottom and just shrug when I realize my mistake... "It is strangely wonderful and far better than expected." I honestly mean that, it is really different than living with a person I really like. Now I live with my husband and I love it.

Here is the point of my ramblings, it took being married for me to understand. I will happily fan my hung over husband while he stands in the hot sun to take a picture on the steps of Parmentor Hall, a building that means nothing to him and is a constant figure in every year of my life.
I am sad that I don't have more pictures yet but just one more.
The expanding group of Hey cousins, we are plus 2 our original number in the picture and we are also minus 2. We missed Lori and Peter but so happy about little Rowan, a precious addition to the family!

2 comments:

  1. All I have to say is... told ya! Now you know why I pestered you for so long about getting married! So glad you're happy! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were right. Who knew? (obviously you did)
      We were talking this weekend and you guys should come visit soon, last summer vaca sound fun?!? There is still time and I promise the weather is way better!

      Delete