Sunday, April 17, 2011

12 miles down, 13.1 to go

Well yesterday I did it, my final long training run. And I can't express how great it felt, I kept a pretty good pace and enjoyed running, don't worry I still have plenty of miles to put in before this half but this is the last time I increase mileage until the 30th. The only thing I can say for myself is I hope this girl shows up in 2 weeks for the real race.
This past week was a great week, the weather cooperated with my running needs, although we had rain I managed to run on the dry days. It has been nice outside without getting as hot as a few weeks ago.  On Tuesday I was running along and a man came up and said I was running a good pace and just ran along with me for a while. It was helpful in a few ways, first he has run the same half I am running and had some advice on that. He also had running advice in general always welcome. Next, he kept me running that the pace I was going. I won't say there is no way I would have kept that up for sure, but there is a really good chance I was about to slow down and he really kept me going. Finally, he was an interesting person. Currently planning a trip to India for some mission work there, and has been all over for mission trips. Just when I was about to get bored with the conversation he turned around and went back. I have to admit Saturday I was hoping someone would save me again but managed to keep myself entertained.
In other life news: We have been preparing for a garage sale next weekend. YES I am aware that it is the day before Easter, but who knows maybe you will find you newer Easter dress! If you live in B-ham you should make an appearance. There will be tons of good stuff, and well while I am saying that I might as well drop the next bomb. I don't want to get ahead of myself again but it looks like there is a move underway from Far Hill Circle in the very near future. Details soon, but I am really excited about the possibilities that this presents to us and to growing up and creating a great future. So really come by this garage sale, it will be good (hopefully)

Cricket and Zimmie have been enjoying the weather in turns on the front porch. One dog goes out at a time, and I will compare this to small children who do not want a toy until their friend is playing with it. We stay close to the door to let one in while the other catches some rays and about 5 minutes later switch. I should start going out with them since my skin is still a very winter white. Despite all the time I spend outside running I am neither any thinner nor any tanner. It is a serious concern. (hand goes to mouth to eat more) Oh right that appetite of mine is out of control no wonder I am not losing any inches.

There are not tons of list items left with pictures to take so for fun here are a few randoms just for fun! I am off to write some graduation cards and a birthday card for a special friend.
Dad with the bride, Cousin Melissa

This is a great shot of me, Aunt Kathy (who said make a face) and Scott (seriously why do I make faces for pictures?)

Ian on his special day. These kids wear their Auburn stuff around me all the time! 

Jenson and his baby sister Maren Jane in August
Cricket with her rawhide lollipop
Zimmie sitting pretty

Jenson this summer hanging out

No comments:

Post a Comment