Friday, April 1, 2011

It has been a while!

30. Start a blog (about the list that this task is on)
29. Visit the Rocket Center in Hunstville
28. Substitute every day possible, including half days.
27. Plant flowers and clean up front porch area
Well despite all the setbacks and extras the front porch has finally made it to spring! I am going to purchase a power washer and then post new pics! The original goal has been accomplished!
26. Enjoy the rain, remind yourself that you love spring! (not only because it is the season of your birth)
This one has been really tough this week. I have been couped up in the house trying to get my runs in and the rain has really messed with my mojo. Yesterday for example it was so cold I ran 5 miles and was shivering it was so cold and cloudy. Boo cold, come on spring rains!
25. Choose a Lenten offering and really consider the meaning of Lent.
24. Update my facebook status more often
As much as I try I go through phases on this one. I am trying though I promise!
23. Re-format my resume and send to Mr. Hulin. Make this a weekly email!
News in a week or so may make this obsolete, but I am going to send the email again just to keep my options open for next year.
22. Make a summer decision about work
Wow! I never knew this was going to be so hard. If only it consisted of choosing a job to do this summer and doing it I would feel accomplished. Life has a way of making hard things that should not be.
21. Figure out a budget to get through the summer
20. Visit with family at Melissa's wedding, take lots of pictures
Wedding attended. It was really fun and Melissa looked great. The pictures got a little out of hand. Once one person pulled out a camera 10 came out and since our family so rarely sees each other I did not come home with a ton of pics but I do feel accomplished in being in a ton! Maybe I will get some copies of them. BTW there are only 2 of me. In one I am making a face, thanks Aunt Kathy for suggesting faces and then not makeing one yourself. The other is a good one of me and Aunt Jill.
19. Run a new trail or park
I feel like I am always running new trails, adding miles on the the ones I have been doing. BUT the purpose of this was to go to a new place and run for the first time. I have been going to Spain Park and running there and that could count since the only time I had been there before was to walk. This weekend though my training partner and I are running an 8K downtown and then I will feel like I can officially mark this off!
18. Complete a puzzle
I really should get started on this one! I love doing puzzles and have purchased a few at Goodwill to do at the beach lately. I always have to come home before they get done so I am anxious to do one at home so I don't have to pack it up as soon as I begin.
17. Wish an old friend Happy Birthday
16. Clean the "office"
I felt so accomplished after this I kind of forgot that I needed to keep going on other list items indoors. More to come, this is the room my sewing machine will come to!
15. Remind myself why I am doing these things.
This one is really important this week. I have struggled with running this week mentally. Like I mentioned earlier the weather was bad, and I have just been out of the mood. I have not gotten much accomplished in the evenings or during the day on my days off and I need to remember that these things are all things I want to finish and be able to say I have done by my birthday. Keep on pushing, I will keep this list item in my mind while running tomorrow.
14. Get the sewing machine out of the basement
Oh complications of life. Well I was planning on cleaning out the basement closet and the being able to bring the sewing machine upstairs. BUT before I will get to clean out the closet I will have to clean up the mess created by our septic tank flooding! (No worries I know this is really gross) So no details on that, but maybe a delay on this one and #7.
13. Write letters to my friends letting them know how important they are to me.
12. Spend the better part of a day cyber stalking all things Royal Wedding and prepare DVR
Well I have managed to get less excited about Royal Wedding so I am giving myself a little time off to get re-excited. Give me a week!
11. Call Scott and Jeff just to chat
I was so lucky I go to see Scott at the wedding so I will call later this month. I have to save something til the last minute.
10. Have a really hard conversation
9. Start riding for Free Wheel
I got some new shorts, go padded butt shorts. So awkward when not on a bicycle.
8. Start graduation cards
7. Clear out and organize basement closet
See above (#14)
6. Donate unwanted clothes/shoes
Or plan a clothing exchange followed by garage sale. Must begin planning for this, this weekend.
5. Enjoy Easter and celebrate the life I am living
4. Write rec letters for Tri Delta girls
I have started to collect resume and info sheets. Good luck girls.
On a side note yesterday after my shivering cold run I put on my DDD sweatshirt and went to the grocery store. While there this lady kept walking past and smiling at me. Finally when she was behind us in line she said I was a Tri Delt at Auburn. I love it!
3. Keep applying for positions with foundations that support my values
This is an ongoing goal and I have continued this so I will mark it all the way off, but will stay honest to the ongoing part.
2. Reflect on accomplishments in my first 30 years.
Talk about your last minute need.
1. FINISH THE ROCK N ROLL HALF MARATHON
Who can say, SCARED about this now. After my less than stellar run yesterday I am really stressed about finishing. Hopefully the 8K this weekend gets my mojo back. and by mojo I mean confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment