Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 2 of Birth Month



Flipping through the April calendar, on to day two and wow what a morning!
It all started with an 8K through downtown Birmingham. Amazingly fun, and seriously I learned a lot about downtown. I love downtown areas, right across the street from a homeless mission is a huge re-furbed warehouse with office space. Then some really cute little parks, the original Levy's and Brombergs, the Museum of Art, McWane Center, and of course the finish at Railroad Park.
With a few exceptions for my running buddy's blisters we ran the course. Afterward I took a few laps at the park to get a few more miles in, but soon was woo-ed by the promise of snacks and just went to the finish line and hung out while the winners got awards.
It was a great morning in all, well until I got home to shower. I had a little incident getting the shower and  now have a huge swollen bruise on my left leg. Way to go get a fall in at some point today. I have also had a death in my kitchen, I have been addicted to smoothies lately and today, after washing the blender I cracked the bottom part. When I was putting in my ingredients they just started pouring out the bottom. I got one more delicious smoothie and soon I will need another blender. 

While the 1 mile fun run was waiting to begin, they had music for the kids to dance to and one little boy caught my eye. He was wearing a boot on one foot and was still dancing around, then I noticed he was wearing a race number. I commented that kid earned his boot, and there is reason he is there about to run a mile! Smart parents!

This afternoon has been way more relaxed and now time for Final Four games. The BF's parents came over to watch with us and brought deepdish pizza for the boys and some delicious more thin crust for the girls. Off to dinner and games!












No comments:

Post a Comment